Friday, August 22, 2008

Hello World…

How do I start writing in English? or how does anyone start writing in English?

Here it goes:

"Hello World" and this is my little attempt to blog in English.

Ten reasons why I think I should write?

1. Bipin -My room mate told I have a good flair in writing and I should nurture it, though it was after 4 pegs of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel I value that. God Bless you Dear friend!!!

2. I have nothing else to do in my apartment.

3. People write to prove that they know more than they do. I am no exception.

4. Erich Segal, Dan Drown, Paulo Coelho and Chethan Bhagat writes. Why can’t I?

5. Many say I write pretty OK in Malayalam-my mother tongue. Now being in America I should be thinking, dreaming and writing in English. (In the age of globalization idiots travelling abroad is no wonder)

6. Posting a blog is as exciting as getting through a test which you thought you never will

7. “Reading makes a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man” was told by an English author Francis Bacon.

8. I can copy and paste articles here then say “Great minds think alike” (You should copy only if you know where to paste)

9. I write to express not to impress (Use SHIFT + F7 in MSWORD to impress)

10. Inspired by the books and style of Chethan Bhagat.

Following are few characteristics of mine which you possibly can ignore.

I am tall; it happened so;
lived 26 years Unmarried, 100% Bachelor;
Simple, Single and humble;
don’t smoke, smoking is injurious to health;
drink alcohol, Alcohol consumption is injurious to health, I don’t care;
MADE IN INDIA;
son of a blessed couple, brother of two;
basic schooling away from home, in a boarding called SAVIO HOME;
hate Monday morning, love friday evening;
try to be funny, if you feel its horrible, sorry I can’t help it;
go to office not to complete my project, otherwise they don’t pay me;
did no graduation;
hate cooking, love eating;
was christened Thomaskutty, I hate kutty part of it.(My grandpa did this to me);
Renamed myself TOMKID;
Always preferred last bench corner seat in any class;
Engineering is not my passion but it’s a profitable profession;
employed in engineering service industry and job is to please customer;
Own no laptop, use NOKIA made Cell phone;
Starts a day with music, ends it with reading;
No matter what my salary is, by month end its two digit in the bank;

If you feel I better stop these nonsense, feel free to comment. Your criticism, appreciation, comments are ink to my pen!!!

Love you All…

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"hello world" reminded me of ma first C program...

nice start!!

waitin to read more!!

:)

Sherlock said...

kutty...kutty...

I know you hate that...but I can't help :)

Good start..Continueeeeeee..

O.T : I have nothing else to do in my apartment. Hey Don't lie :)

വല്ലഭന്‍ said...

" People write to prove that they know more than they do. I am no exception."

I loved ur acceptance.... Looking forward for more controversial stories and discussions...

All the best kutty keep going ...!!

Sarath said...

WERRY GUD. ME GETTING TEH INPIRTION THAT ME WILL OLSO RIGHT ENGLEESH IPH YEW CULD RIT

Tomkid! said...

Thanks Tess - the first comment the first blog!!!i'm delighted :O

Gihesh bhai...actually i had something else...but what would be my image in public knows that? :)


Mr.Vallabh...thanks for loving. i am trying for controversaries. it makes any one famous :)

Sarath: i am a htakns sarat. dose verds ver akchually insfiring. phor heven sake plees don rite...